Sunday, June 9, 2013

This is all I've got


The crib has become a big girl bed, and we'll see how it goes.  Once upon a time I was pretty sure I wouldn't want my child to be the last one drinking from a bottle, and sleeping in a crib, and wearing diapers.  Now it doesn't seem like such a big deal.  The child is who she is.

This is the second day in a row that LB has played quietly behind the couch and then emerged covered in marker.  It's never too young to embrace body modification my child.

In other news I have applied for unemployment (fingers crossed as my recent employment status was "it's complicated"), I tried to read The Happiness Project, but couldn't get through it (it's not that it's a bad book, but I think it would be more fun to go back in time and read her blog), I'm trying to use up 10lb of Vidalia onions (I would love some really good beef stock right about now), and having eaten over three lbs of G.H. Cretors Chicago Mix popcorn we still have another 3lbs-trying to exert some self-control, trying.

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited to hear how the big kid bed goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She did so well last night! I'm amazed, but I'm trying not to get too excited, since she often fools us with the easy adjustment followed by the hard adjustment. We decided to make the switch because she's been waking up at 5:30am and crying until we get her, but last night she slept through until 6:30, and woke up happy. And she LOVES the bed.

    ReplyDelete