Friday, February 1, 2013

Chill Baby!



Wishing she was watching Elmo at 26 months


Chilaxin at 18 months

I've always been the afternoon pick-up parent.  When LB first started daycare, I would bring her home and nurse her and cuddle her.  That routine worked for a while.  Then LB got more mobile and more independent.  She would struggle and fuss when I tried to cuddle her, and I would get incredibly frustrated.  What kind of baby doesn't want to cuddle her mama after a long day apart?  Eventually I realized, that much as I do, LB needs some chill out time when she gets home.  So this is what we do now.  LB used to chill in her pack n' play, but now she hangs out on the couch.  Although she is a big girl, she still likes her afternoon bottle and I'm okay with that for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment