Sunday, April 26, 2020

2019 in Review

The word people seem to be using for 2019 is chaotic. And that seems true enough. I finally got a new phone with a battery that doesn't constantly die. My life is so much better, but I need to retrieve a bunch of pictures, so I'll see what I've got to work with. Two or three big things happened this year:

LB and I joined a class action lawsuit. Here's an article with a picture of us and brief quote.

We spent a bunch of time at the RI Statehouse fighting for equal parentage rights-and I became publicly gay here and here.

I bought us a house! It's a little ranch on the wrong side of town with yellow siding and brown trim and I love it.

We got a kitten named Cookie, he is now 10lbs and a wild man.











*Clearly, I started this post months ago. I no longer remember what was chaotic about 2019. Those were the good old days. It was looking like the legislation I was working on would work in this session, but now the legislature isn't meeting. Good news in a federal court ruling on a Detroit right to education case. More on all of that later, now just to get through quarantine.

No comments:

Post a Comment