Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Winter LIfe

I am tired. LB's bus comes ridiculously early. We need to be at the stop at 7:10, then she takes a scenic tour of Pawtucket and Central Falls before getting to school. I can't really complain because it would be a dick move if they picked up the kids in the wealthy part of town last, and sometimes it's good because I can get into work early. But up at 5:45 is bleary and prying LB out of bed for a 40 minute sprint to our leaving time is never fun.

This week several building unions have been out protesting a new building that is going up by my work and is not using union labor for the job. Work is already loud with young people laughing and chatting and the phone ringing, and lately, we also have pile driving and chant leading on a bullhorn. Things are hip and expensive here. So many $3 small cups of coffee and $8 or $10 sandwiches. It is hard to live without a decent wage.

I've been listening to a country music app with tons of stations. Weirdly, many of them seem to have French or German DJs which led to me listening to the top of the hour news update on R Kelly's newest inditement in German on a country station. Not that I speak German, but I guess R Kelly and inditement are universal words.

Last week we had an hour weather school delay that I didn't know about till we got to school. Not fun, but at least there's a diner nearby. Tomorrow we have a two-hour delay and I'm hoping we can make the most of it with the pretty great sledding hill by our house. This is the first year we've gone out on it because LB can be very fussy about cold and clothes, and it's been so fun.

Proof

1 comment:

  1. That is a long time on the bus! New England scenic route or not, hahaha!

    Do you think the war against/for unions will ever end? It seems to have been going on globally and culturally since forever.

    Yay for sledding. Bravery or boredom?!?

    ReplyDelete